Dr. Chetney is a native of central New York and graduated from SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in Syracuse with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Forest Biology. After earning his DVM from Kansas State University, he completed a rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at BluePearl Michigan Veterinary Specialists. Completion of a medical oncology specialty internship at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville followed. Dr. Chetney worked for a year practicing emergency medicine at RIVER in Chattanooga (now VCA) before he returned to the University of Tennessee to complete a residency in radiation oncology. He practiced radiation oncology as a specialist in the greater Philadelphia area for eight years prior to offering his services at The Oncology Service in Richmond.
As a board-certified veterinary radiation oncologist, Dr. Chetney is one of fewer than 100 specialists within his field in the world. He has a special interest in minimizing radiation side effects to normal tissues and therapies for skin healing, intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), and stereotactic radiation therapy (SRT/SRS/SBRT) for the treatment of internally located tumors.
Dr. Chetney and his wife are pet parents to Theo (Siamese/ragdoll mix), Logan (Border collie), and Roux (toy poodle). Outside of the clinic, Dr. Chetney likes to hike, kayak, play disc golf, and see live music.
- Board-Certiﬁed in Radiation Oncology by the American College of Veterinary Radiology
- Residency in Radiation Oncology – University of Tennessee in Knoxville
- Internship in Medical Oncology – University of Tennessee in Knoxville
- Rotating small animal internal medicine and surgery internship – BluePearl Michigan Veterinary
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) – Kansas State University, College of Veterinary Medicine
- B.S. Environmental and Forest Biology – SUNY ESF, Syracuse, NY
Professional Certifications and Associations: